My 2019 RSD haul................

Aretha Franklin 1967 Atlantic singles + B-sides/45 rpm/bound in a nice hard cover book
Courtney Barnett "Everybody Here Hates You/Small Talk"  12"
CSN&Y "4 Way Street" expanded/remastered
Yes "S/T" 50th Anniversary/all analog/Cohearent Audio
Tedeschi Trucks Band "High & Mighty"
Bob Dylan "Blood on the Tracks"  test pressing

Non-RSD:...………………….

Allman Brothers Band "Fillmore East Feb.1970" / Bear's Sonic Journal
Hiss Golden Messenger "Heart Like a Levee"
Ryan Bingham "Live"
128x128slaw

Showing 1 response by bdp24

Only one today, because I thought it might sell out. Apparently not, ’cause when I got to the far wall in Music Millennium (where the RSD releases were), over half of the 60 copies of the Dylan they ordered were still sitting there. The line to get in the door was two blocks long when I arrived at 8 AM, and it was about an hour-and-a-half later that I myself entered the store. It took another hour-and-a-half to follow the line through the maze of aisles in the store leading to the RSD release wall; I could have gone tomorrow and saved myself three hours! But who knew, right?

I want the Procol Harum 1st album double LP, and the Aretha Franklin box (the production by Jerry Wexler, and playing of The Swampers---the Fame Studios house band on her Atlantic recordings---is SO fine), but in a coupla days I’m gonna take in some stuff to trade for store credit to buy them with. There were plenty of each left.

Some of the titles ya’ll listed I didn’t read about and didn’t see in the store, so I’ll have to look into them.