MusicalFidelity A300 integrated: Worth the money?

Musical Fidelity has over the years offered a ton of integrated amps. They were well constructed and very sharp looking, especially compared to the newest models

In particular, I occasionally hear members praising the MF A300 integrated for its good to great sound, useful features, and MC/MM phono stage. It was issued in 2001.

I am curious if it is still worth the money (and time searching) even for a used/mint A300 after 12 years coming onto the market.
sunnyjim

Forgot that I also had an A5 for a short time, and it was my least favorite. Keep in mind that the A5 and A3.5 were built in Taiwan, and the A3, A300, A3.2, and A308 were built in England.
Before the change over to the Audiogon format, it seemed that more of the MF "A" series integrated amps were for sale.
Agree, as you did see a lot of A5 and A3.5 being sold. The A300 and A308 have been the most desirable of the "A" series, and what I said about them selling has been true for some time. I watched this for years, curious to see if my A308 was holding value.
Thank you to both members for the information. Before the change over to the Audiogon format, it seemed that more of the MF "A" series integrated amps were for sale.

Maybe members are just holding on to what they have until the economy gets a lot better

I have owned 3 MF integrateds, an original X series, A3, and A308. The X series and A3 were very close, but the A308 was definitely a step up. I'm sure the A300 would fall between the A3 and A308, but probably be closer to the A308. One thing for sure is you seldom see the A300 or A308 up for sale, and if you do, it sells in a day or two. That should tell you something.
The MF A300 and for that matter the MF 308 amps are definitely worth tracking down. Exceptionally clean sounding amps. Plenty of power. Superb construction. I would also recommend the MF CD PRE 24 preamp/ cd player as your front end and source. I have used a CD PRE 24 for 9 years now, first with an A300 and then with a Prima Luna Prologue 5. Nothing I have owned since has surpassed the MF products from the early 2000s.

Rich