Musical Fidelity Trivista 300

Dear Audiogoners,

I have purchased the above amp from Audio5.1 in Alberta, Canada, when the unit arrived, the volume knob and shaft was bent. We believe that the shipping company must have jotsled it quite a bit in order for the knob to come off. Anyhow, the only service center I can find is in North Carolina. And I live in New Jersey. Is there anybody out there that knows a shop in the New Jersey or New York area that can do the repair. I was told that a new volume control console have to be replaced. Thank you for your responses in advance.
proac1
I've had my unit for seven years now, but I'm strongly considering replacing it. I have no problems with the sound of the unit. I've always loved the sound when paired with my Focal/JM Lab Alto Utopia speakers. My problem comes with the reliability of its construction. I've had to replace one of its supposedly indestructible tubes. The source selector will probably have to be replaced, and three of the RCA connections in the back have gone bad. When I opened up the machine last week to see if I might be able fix some of these myself, I found the plastic table that fits into the RCA jacks to be disintegrating. Plastic pieces had fallen on to the circuit boards. Despite the quality of many aspects of the machine, the build quality is really not up to snuff.
Here we are in 2020 and I still have my tri-vista 300. I have had it serviced a few times ,new tubes and even had upgrades done. The one issue that can't be fixed is the input selector.  I think mine as a mind of it own. It switches inputs on it own or won't even "click" into  the proper input.
As it ages over the next several years and as it deteriorates ,I'm afraid all I will be left with is a large paper weight with no value.
@bradpaton 
Do you have any other remotes you use in your audio setup?

I have a MF A5 Int Amp in a hybrid HT/Music setup and it, too will change inputs - but I traced it down to when I use my cable remote for changing channels.

I know this is a bit of a 'hack' but I use a small felt sticky dot to cover the IR receiver on the A5 when I'm in HT mode watching TV or movies (since the A5 selector is on HT Direct anyway).

If I want to listent to music, the AVR & cable are turned off, and I move the felt dot covering the IR on the A5 and off I go using the A5 remote with no issues for volume or changing inputs.
Hi everyone. Just joined, first post.

I am having an issue with the input selector that sounds similar to what bradpaton noted above ~ the selector not 'clicking' into an input. Beyond that it will regularly click out / click back into an input while listening to music.  A slight touch of the input selector and it will reconnect to the source, so it seems like the contact is just getting dodgy.    

Anyone else have this issue and care to share how you resolved it?  I tried searching the forum and this is the only thread that came up.  Thanks! 
sdais:   I did take my tri-vista to parts connexsion  in Burlington Ontario  and they "cleaned" the input selector and that seemed to make things better for about a year or two.  Now  it is back to  having a mind of its own and  clicking out  CD  while I am  listening.