Musical Fidelity HT600?

Anyone own or have experience with the Musical Fidelity HT600 five channel amplifier? I am specifically looking for observations about its sonic performance, and comparisons with other amps in the $2000-$4000 range.
eyeman

Showing 3 responses by bbroussard

Does anybody know what's up with this? I visited the Audio Advisor website a while back and it looked like they were blowing these out cheap. Went back today and could not find it anywhere on site. When I did a search, I got a price of $995, but was told that the item was no longer available. I sent them an email asking for an explanation. If I get a useful response, I'll do a follow-up posting here.

I also have been lusting after one of these and hoped to pick one up later this year. Thought about buying one when I saw the price reduction, but I am in the proces of buying a house and have to control my "discretionary" spending until I close that deal.

I have not heard one, but was prepared to try out AA's money back guarantee. The SGHT review was very favorable on the HT600, but not as strong the the preamp/processor. Certainly worth the read.

Regards,

Brady
The response I got from Audio Advisor is as follows: "We are out of stock at this time. We will have them back in stock in a while. We just took it off the site in the mean time." Musical Fidelity website still shows it as a current model and Audio Adviser as U.S. distributor. So, I guess this is just a temporary stocking situation. Canadian distributor may be prohibited from selling out of territory. I believe that AA can not sell MF to Canadians either.
Eye, I had the same concerns that maybe this model was selling cheap because it was about to be discontinued. Based upon the response I got from AA and the fact that MF website shows it as a current product, I hope that this is just a stocking issue and AA was trying to clear out their remaining inventory. I also think that the $995 price may have been for demo or returned units. I intend to keep an eye on this as I am still interested in owning one of these beauties. Best of luck! Brady
More to discover