Musical Fidelity A5 CDP -bass problem

I am having trouble getting good bass out of my MFA5CDP.
Using Rotel 200wpc 1080. Vandersteen 2CE sigs. I am Comparing it with same set up and my other Rotel CD player which has gret bass so I dont want to change the amp/spkrs. I experimented with changing the interconnects with a cheap pair I had laying around and it seemed better , but is there any advice on a rational approach to interconnect selection with a "bass" issue?
johnstassi

Showing 2 responses by jp1208

I have never heard a players bass create that much more weight after full break-in. Tighter, extended and more musical, but the weight issue is more to do with synergy of the system or the player is just plain bass lean which is not a bad thing for a lot of people. Your Rotel could be engineered to have a thicker bass than the A5 and the A5 could be more musical. If the player is bass lean and you want more then Hartwerger is right about changing power cords trying different vibration control devices. Of course ic's and speaker cables will always come into play.
If you can, let the player run 24/7 for a week then report back. I am betting on a tighter and more accurate bass.