Musical Fidelity A3cr preamp vs. A308CR preamp

Hi: Could anyone guide me on purchasing advice between these two preamps, in the context of our phoncentric system. We have a Threshold S/500 amp running a pair of Innersound Eros. The source is a Basis Ovation turntable with a Denon Dl03 MC cartidge.
somut

Showing 3 responses by mechans

Sloane I agree with you about the mentality that if something is popular with regular listeners like B and W it isn't true audiophile. Obviously this is nonesense.
I owned an MF 308 integrated as my first "high end" amp. I would hardly discuss it as particularily warm sounding. It was very analytical and detailed in my systems. It did throw a big stage like tubes but any other similarity with tubes ends there IMO.
My ideal system is all tube and really believe strongly in tube output not just preamp. I know the popular conception is that a tube pre is all you need but I didn't know what I was missing with that kind of set up until I got a quality tube power amp.
If it sounds great to you, then by definition it is a great phono section. If you have money to use for experimention, I would recommend the Graham Slee phono amps. The model you choose depends on whether you use a MM or MC cartridge. As a general rule they are a great bang for your buck component.