music these days....

I was flipping channels today and noticed a show where Beyonnce was being interviewed.

She stated without hesititation and with comfort and conviction something to the effect that "when I write music I feel more empowered than I could be in real life"

So, the last I checked, Beyonnce has about ZERO % influence on her music, I have no doubt that she writes the lyrics, but writing lyrics aint on the same level as writing music or creating music.

Most lyrics these days could be written by a 12 year old.

Is it just me, but does this bother you? It bothers me, because it provides too much underserved credibility to todays "artists". I think if you take the average person, especially a 15 year old, they can't make the distinction or perhaps don't care enough to investigate. I feel this opens the door to every talentless Joe or Jane (see American Idol tryouts) who thinks they can do the same which could answer why we are in this sad state of Popular Music these days.
128x128justlisten

Showing 6 responses by pawlowski6132

"What an ignorant statement. You're discounting 25 years of music composition"

No I'm not. I accounted for it and am of the opinion that it sucks.
Synthfreek. How absurd to think that this thread is composed by people who are more into gadgets than music. I'd be interested to know how you came to that conclusion.
Synthfreek; it's called hyperbole. Maybe you should read a book once in awhile instead of just listening to crappy music.
Synthfreek; just relax a bit. You're taking this too seriously. I've nerver heard of those authors you mention and believe it or not, I just finished a Grisham novel this weekend. Take care.