Music Streamer Quality

This may be a dumb question but does the quality of a music streamer ultimately affect the sound? So here's some detail. I currently have a Sonos music streamer fed into a Simaudio Moon 300D dac. In the interest of having higher quality sound I could upgrade the dac or I could buy a dac with streaming capability such as the Simaudio 280D. I'm looking at a R2R ladder dac but would have the same Sonos feeding it. Does that make more sense than something like the Moon device? I appreciate an comments.
128x128falconquest
This is still a timely topic.  Like many, I have (and love) Sonos all over the house but wondering if 'steaming' can be improved for high res systems.  Just feels like my Simaudio 750D DAC deserves better streaming [hardware] input if possible.  For me CD quality 16/44.1 has always been just fine and I can't say I can really hear benefits of higher res than that.  So putting the DAC aside, who makes a better 'Steamer' for simple 16/44.1 resolution then Sonos? and what actually makes this competitor Streamer better?
Another vote for Bluesound...  I am loving my Vault 2i.    MQA sounds great,  amazing feature set ,  I really love the bi directional Blutooth, IR control , and aux input .   I hate to say it , but with hi rez its hard to tell which is better, the Vault or my DAC....NAD M51.
jmarshak, this was my original post. I ended up going with an Aurender N100H for a streamer and a Holo Audio Spring DAC, Kitsune edition. I couldn't be happier. I must say that 750D is a very nice piece of gear. Find an Aurender used here (there is an A10 listed) and you will be very satisfied with the results.
@jmarshak we ended up choosing LUMIN. The hardware is designed like a real CE product, and built like a high-end piece of kit. The software is easy to use and flexible.