Music Server with no DAC?

Why doesn't Logitech or Sonos create a version of what they have with no DAC? Who wants to buy 2 DACs? Many of us already have DACs. I would love to get into a Sonos, but all I want is digital out. Similarly, I like the idea of the Logitech Transporter, but how about no DAC and drop the price in half or a bit more? Just have AES/EBU, S/PDIF and maybe optical out...

I think there would be a big market for that because who wants to buy 2 of something when they don't need to, and particularly when people are particular about their DACs and don't want the one in the Music Server.
lightminer

Showing 2 responses by cruz123

Similarly, I like the idea of the Logitech Transporter, but how about no DAC and drop the price in half or a bit more? Just have AES/EBU, S/PDIF and maybe optical out...

Lightminer, you can always buy the Squeezebox 3 (aka Classic) for $300 and pretty much have the same funtionality of the Transporter at significantly less expense. If you intend to use the digital out into a DAC, the Transporter is overkill, IMHO.
The only price I could find on the Nuforce MSR is $2250. Seems to me that a computer could likely be configured to provide similar functionality for a lot less money.