Music Reference RM200 or David Berning ZH270?

I am interested in both of these amps. Has anyone out there heard both of them before? The associated equipment that I would be using is Gallo Nuclius Reference speakers (88db efficiency), Supratek Syrah preamp, Granite Audio 650 CD player, MIT 330 and TG Audio IC's and MIT 750 plus speaker cable. Can anyone tell me the differences in these two amps, or your expriences with them?
slowhand

Showing 3 responses by asa

Slowhand, yea, wait for a good buyer - most berning owners are, but there are also some "proto-types" out there that guys seek to sell as better than the current version (and maybe but how do you know and resale is a killer...). People don't sell them much so you have to jump on them with a good seller immediately. Also, make sure you stick a good IC in their between the Supra and Berning. Put a Purist in there and some NOS tubes on the Berning and you'll be set for quite a while. let us know how it goes. Good luck.
Great score, slowhand! I would be very interested in you reactions to the Supra/Berning combo. Let us know, please.
OK guys. Here's a question. As you know, I think the Berning is a great piece. But, how does it stack up against my AirTight ATM300 8W SE amp, which, used, would be about the same in price? Just curious. Don't be shy, I don't think the AirTight is "me"...

BTW, just heard from Slow and he's still in la-la land, which is nice to see. Off the merry-go-round for awhile. I did mention to him, though, that the Berning/Supra with a killer table - maybe a Teres - might be something that is the next itch.

How about that, twl, for spending someone else's $ by voyueristic proxy, taking advantage of their progressive psycho-pathology of audio?!!

Yea...a Teres....