Music Reference RM-200

I want to get a hybrid amp. I've read everything I could on the RM-200 (from forums and the Stereophile article) and everything sounds positive. I don't want to spend more than 3-3.5K used or new. I also am considering a Moscode 401HR, Van Alstine Fet Valve Ultra 550, and Monarchy SE-250 monoblocks.

What I haven't read are too many comparisons of the RM-200 with other amps. Anyone have any comments on what they thought of the RM-200 when they heard it. Better or worse than what? Granted, better and worse are subjective terms and none of the amps I mentioned are slouches. I'd probably be happy with any of them.

Whatever amp I get will mate with Salk Sound V3 speakers (or maybe the HT3 if I can swing the extra cost) and my RAM modified Ack Dack (fed from a Bolder modifed Squeezebox).
kevin_mcdonough

Showing 1 response by saki70

Not to get off of the subject of RM comparing but... I have read someplace where Salk and Van Alstine have been working together on their products . I believe that Van Alstine uses Salk's speakers in his own system and vice versa . Something to think about . Synergy is king in this hobby .

Good luck .