Music Reference RM 200 vs. Mcintosh 275 amp

Has anyone compared the Music Reference RM 200 and the Mcintosh 275? Thank You.
guppy
Two great sounding amps. Go with the Mcintosh. Great customer service and you will not have to deal with Roger Modjeski.
I can't offer any opinion on the comparison as I've never heard the McIntosh but I am a very happy owner of both a Music Reference RM-200 and RM-10.

I found Blbloom's comment unusual in that my experience Roger has always been a pleasure to deal with, I do however agree with his assessment of the RM-200.

Wes
I have owned an RM10, RM9 and RM9 SE and I would say Roger consistently makes some of finest sounding and most reliable amplifiers on the market. He is a pleasure to deal with, but it is true that he is basically a one-man (or two) operation and does not have the support network of Mac. Frankly I think both amps should make you happy, the 275 sounds might fine.
I have demo'd the McIntosh and thought it sounded very good. Very warm, great mid-range. Obviously, it is "colored", but in a way that is very enjoyable. It is an amp that will maintain some value (esp. if bought used), so there isn't much risk in trying one in your system. I would have bought one but don't have adequate space or ventilation.

I have never heard an RM-200, but was very interested in buying one and did a lot of research. It is relatively light, generates a fair amount of power, and supposedly does not get very hot. But in another thread in Audiogon, those who had heard it said the RM-200 sounds a bit more like a solid state amp than a tube amp, and recommended buying a used Moscode 401HR over the Music Reference. (Both are in fact hybrid amps, not pure tube amps.) A dealer who carries the Music Reference echoed the comment about the solid-state sound sig of the Music Reference.

As far as Roger Modjeski, he seems like a great designer and a nice guy. However, he seems to be a one-man show, so if he goes out of business you may have trouble getting the amp serviced and resale values will fall. Additionally, I found Roger to be difficult to reach by phone. It seems like 4 out of every 5 phone calls go straight to an answering machine. That ultimately discouraged me from buying his amp.
Wes,
Bbloom's post is 100% right on. They RM 200 is a good amp when working. But should something go wrong, Roger is very difficult to reach and even more difficult to deal with.

Wes,
Bbloom's post is 100% right on. The RM 200 is a good amp when working. But should something go wrong, Roger is very difficult to reach and even more difficult to deal with.

Add me to the list of those owning and loving a couple of Music Reference amps and having nothing but the best experience dealing with Roger.
For what it's worth, I used to have an RM-9. I had a few problems with the biasing circuit components (esp. pots) and Roger assisted me in fixing them myself, talking me through the procedures, giving upgrade advice, and explaining everything (and I do mean everything!) to me in the friendliest manner. I know that, like all-too-many brilliant designers in this field, he can be eccentric, arrogant, and close-minded. But in my experience he was always polite and extremely helpful and forthcoming.
By the way, for me, at any rate, it was seldom a problem getting 'hold of him by phone. I do believe it helps if you appear to understand something about the subject and have a little experience.
Lastly, the sound of the RM-9 left little to complain about. The only reason I got rid of it was a need to use class A ss amps on my Shahinians.