Music I would succumb to under torture

A post on another topic was ...
viridian4,171 posts
I couldn’t listen to Diana Krall, or any of those other jazz lite vocalists that audiophile types listen to, on even the finest hi-fi, YMMV.

I would be useless in a war if captured.
If they played me Diana Krall, Sade or Frank Sinatra I would surrender and give them all the information they wanted! Just if they stopped playing that music and torturing me! I am having screaming habdabs just thinking about it ...
tatyana69
Scream metal would be the only thing I would call torture.  I like anything with a good beat.  Rap has good beats but I can not relate to the lyrics.  Look up the suicide song on google.  That's a pretty cruel test, It's all off key.  I think it is from the 20's.
The op has a point.  I noticed that a vast majority of present audiophile reviewers (from mostly the 'western' world) love to listen to this 'Diana Krall' to talk about the sound of the component.  She is so often used in reviews that I am getting a bit pissed off at the frequency she pops up.  Its like reviewers have this secret conspirital agreement to use her all the time.  Maybe her stuff is well recorded, a bit like Dire Straits were used often in the 70's to show off new systems.  With that group I can well understand, they will sound good on a poor system!  I am most probably well biased and I am sticking to my guns, please in future lose this Diana Krall and play something different and even dare I say it musically interesting...!
Its funny, but I have never been a fan of country music, but since I upgraded my system some of the young women country artists sound pretty good (Margo Price & Ashley Monroe).  BUT, of course, the exceptionally classic music sounds superb (e.g. Miles, Art Blakey, etc.).  My Audio Consultant has a Diana Krall track that he uses to audition equipment, but beyond that, I'll leave that recording in the jacket.
RAP: people talking when they should be singing
OPERA: people singing when they should be talking