Music Hall 9.3 vs 11.3 Turntable

Hi all, looking for informed opinions ,as in you have one, know them well etc , vs reading the same reviews and forum posts I have.

I have an opportunity to buy either of these at a nice deal so please don’t go down the “ you should buy” rabbit hole. Thanks

The 9.3 comes with or without a Goldring Eroica LX.

The 11.3 comes with or without a Ortofon Cadenza Black.

I am hoping this is my “ forever” table, I’m in my low sixties and not much of a gear swapper. I would use a Sutherland Phono Amp.

Here is where my thinking is at. The 9.3 would most probably be fabulous enough and i could upgrade cartridge in the future if I felt the need/ itch. 
The 11.3 has a better arm, more table isolation, better motor systems… my only hesitation, beside a big jump in cost is in certain reviews the Ortofon Black sounds like it could be a tiny bit harsh and finicky to get working at its peak

Do I get the 9.3 and possibly upgrade? Get the 11.3 without cartridge and buy an Ortofon Bronze? A Hana SL or ML?

The rest of my system is Harbeth SLH5 anniversary, Benchmark Amp and Dac3 and I am happy with it. Possible ( another big decision) upgrade to Harbeth 40.3 in future. 
Thanks for the well thought out and useful feedback ahead of time

z

zimick

@elliottbnewcombjr I have the Music Hall MM7  and  4 Phono Cartridges (all low hours like new) (Installed now Dynavector 20x2 H) and in storage a retipped Dynavector 10*5; Goldring Elite, and Goldring Eroica  LX.  I agree the Goldring sound very good if not outstanding but too polite with my hybrid 65 dB phone stage but appear to loose something in a short amount of time and I suspect things are gumming up. I have no way to verify this is the case. My next step was going to try to give the Goldring a good as I can cleaning and try again.

ronald_p

you are a great example of the need for a removable headshell.

I don’t know about the Music Hall TT’s. Can you order a different arm? without an arm? have a seller install your own arm?

Live near Plainfield, NJ, I'll help you figure it out, I've got some tools of mass destruction.

Gunked up Gyger II, now thete’s II of us.

I bought the 9.3 when it first came out with the goldring cartridge. I eventually  upgraded to a Koetsu black which was nice bump up. I immensely enjoyed the 9.3 and only recently traded table for AMG Giro and then to the Viella. I auditioned the Giro side by side with the 9.3. The Giro was better so that’s why I made the trade but it’s not oh my god, this is so much better. I like to trade up when I can so waste lots of money in the process but fortunately can afford it. That being said you will be very pleased with the 9.3 and should be a forever table for you.

@lxgreen thank you for the input. My current thought/leaning is to go 9.3 and then I have some room to either get it without the goldring and buy a separate cartridge or try the goldring and upgrade if I feel inclined.

Hard to imagine that any of the “ nice” tables out there wouldn’t fulfill my needs! It becomes a decision based on emotion, budget, perception, and indeed sound. All playing a part…. Thank again