Music Hall 25.2 or Jolida 102b?

So I was all set to purchase a new system -- Music Hall 25.2 amp and CDP and Monitor Audio RS 6s. I talk to my local audio dealer who starting praising to the rafters the Jolida 102b.

I need your help. My goal for this system is something that will last for a long-time (My wife has threatened me with heavy objects if I don't stop obsessing over all this once I make an actual purchase!)

So what do you all think? I don't think I can listen to the Music Hall locally, but from what I read it is a solid combo that will do what I want well (soundstage really good, and deliver on acoustic music).

So what do you all think?

Thanks!!!
martyw

Showing 2 responses by rar1

Marty:

Do you want to go with tubes or not for your amplifier? The Prima Luna PL2 & Music Hall 25.2 CD player make for a ridiculously good system. So will the Music Hall combo. You would not go wrong with either. It's just that tubes sound different and I would argue sound better. My hunch is that your wife would prefer the Music Hall combo because it has a nice matched look to it, as well.

Regards, Rich
The Prima Lunas are fairly simple tube amps to own. They have an auto adaptive bias circuit, so you will never need to bias the tubes. You may get into tube rolling/ swapping a bit, but that is part of the sound fine tuning that makes tube equipment satisfying to own. Music that is vocal and acoustic in nature does very well with tubes.

Regards, Rich