Muse 18 VS. Genesis 900 Sub

Which one is best for both music and movies? Need your advice please if you have heard both. Thank you for your reply. Rick
rlambertaa54
Muse Eighteen is the hands down winner. I have owned both. If you want to compare a sub to the Eighteen you need to compare the higher dollar Rel, not the Genesis. The Eighteen should retail for well over $5,000.
I HAVE NOT LISTENED TO THE MUSE SUB BUT I OWN THE GENESIS 900 AND I THINK FOR THE PRICE IT IS GREAT. I HAVE RUN IT W/ EGGLESTON ANDRA'S AND THIEL CS 7'S AND CS 6'S . I HAVE TO WONDER AS HELLO HI FI SELLS THE MUSE SUB (WHILE THEY DO SELL THE GENESIS 900,WHEN THEY CAN GET ONE, I AM SURE THEY DONT MAKE AS MUCH MONEY ON THE GENESIS)I WONDER IF THEY ARE NOT TRYING TO MAKE A SALE? I AM NOT SURE BUT I THINK THE GENESIS 900 WAS CLASS "A" IN STEREOPHILE! ANY WAY YOUR EAR WILL TELL YOU WHICH ONE YOU LIKE BEST. GOOD LUCK!
Get real. FYI, the Muse Eighteen has been DISCONTINUED, and we don't have any (not new, demo, or used). I own one personally, and it's not for sale (nit until Muse offers a replacement, which will be no time soon). As you haven't listened to the Muse, I have owned one for several years, along with several G900s (and several other subs, such as: REL, Entec, Kinergetics, etc). Soliciting sales on a forum (?), yeah, right. I think the 500+ listings we have on the net will suffice. Sorry (?) this is just honest advice based on a lot of experience. FYI, we would make more on the Genesis!
Is HelloHiFi saying the Muse is better than the Genesis. I couldn't tell but I did infer that he prefered the Muse since he is holding on to his personal sub. The question is: If Muse is so good, why is production stopped ? Crazy audiophiles like myself will pay anything for quality, even $2000 for a powercord. Oh, my psychiatrist wants me to discuss my "need" for such cords. What do I tell him ?
The Muse sub is being discontinued becuase it costs to much to produce. In 9 years of production the price went up about 12%, while other products have MORE than doubled. If you're willing to pay "$2000" for a sub, you'll have a problem with this one since it retails for $3450. It's replcement will be around $6,000. Yes, they will be producing another sub, but an updated version with several incredible features. Improving on perfection.