Mundorf Silver Caps

Need some personal testimonies from mods employing Mundorf top line caps, Supremes, Silver OIl. 
I just had 8 M SGO caps installed in my cayin CD17 Mark1 and have found excellent results., In spite of the many critics who suggested <waste of money>>
There is a  YT vid froma  japenese tech who can not find any superior testing froma   more expensive cap, and has doubts to the value of modding with new caps,...Yet there is another YT tech who employs M caps and has the units up for a  sound test.
I can actually hear the superior mod with new M caps through my $10 computer speakers ,,in fact i hear a  HUGE sonic gain.
I have plans to mod a  new tube preamp i plan to add later this year and have my Defy7 recaed with M SGO caps. + My Speakers xovers with new M SGO caps.
I am sure jadis uses high quality caps, but high quality is not M caps. 
I bet any money Jadis employs aluminum caps, whereas M caps are silver.

mozartfan
@ oldhvy
yeah, so i installed the M EVO oil silvergold caps for budget and space issues, as the supremes are nearly 2x's the size of their little brothers,,these were installed in the preamp,,i did note a  nice sonic resolution,, Then i modded the Defy7 with the Supreme's as highly recommended bya  fellow audiogoner.
And now i can really note a  sonic gain. 
caps make a  dif, = not snakeoil
There is a  yuotube tech guy who feels if he can not measure a  sonic gain in his lab scope/testing equip,,,then its snakeoil,,I commented,,but what about a  nuance,,,can his testing prove the cheap cap is equal to the expensive cap? 
He does not believe this theory, nor do most DIYer's on that forum. 
They feel a  old russian cap is not inferior to M's Jupiter, Auyden copper caps.
To me, thats snakeoil thinking.
Here is one, 
If I were only listening to bass rifts,, then sure a cap is a cap is a cap, 2 cent cap is all you need
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKvNr0PSJnI

Young Ahn is of the camp, a  cap is a cap, Expensive test no better than a  cheap cap,, I wrote to him, he can not acccept this idea of **nuances that can not be measued ona  scope**, He believes that idea is pure snakeoil.. 
Trust me the caps Jadis installed back in the early 2000's, in the Defy are inferior to the Mundorf designs of  2015, the SESG Supremes. 
Had Jadis installed Supremes in the coupling caps, 12 /.47uf, the amp cost would run up significantly higher. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88JjvvMESGk
" If you can’t tell the difference between a Dayton 1% and a TRT Teflon 1%. I understand..
I can. They are night and day. Some folks can’t tell the difference, because they actually don’t have the chops. "
  Well it is more than that. I believe that a lot of fancy capacitors and tube amps with that warm sound really are adding distortion that many people find appealing. Some like blue others like brown. The "signature" sound of various audio companies or components is merely their flavor of distortion. For instance if you went to  concert I can imagine they used professional amps and speakers. To duplicate exactly what you heard there you either have to use the same equipment or have a method of altering your playback in such a way as to be able to do so with what you own. Anything else is flavoring to suit personal preferences which to many is what it really is all about anyway. I happen to like faithful true to real life audio replication.

My answer is to use neutral everything I can which in the case of capacitors would be those that measure well and perform their electrical duty without flavoring. It gets me closer to real life on old speakers I rebuild for people. Those fancy caps are not used in all those venues people pay big bucks to go hear live music at.

For my personal systems I use a Xilica XP3060 to DSP and bi-amp and from there I can change  anything I need to match your flavor of cap. Or your special "warm" tube amp. As a matter of fact I can sit there with my Laptop plugged into the Xilica and change parameters on the fly live if I wish to achieve a certain effect. The advantage of this is that for what some of you spend on one set of caps that will work in one place and way only I bought a method of doing anything I want to any speaker I happen to own to the very upper limits of what that speaker is capable of producing. If I am wanting to have more than one set of speakers to listen to I can store presets for each pair of speakers I own up to 30. Or I can have various presets according to what I want to hear that night with that music genre for the same set of speakers.

It requires time and some learning far beyond what sticking a set of caps on a crossover amounts to but once you jump the hurdle a whole new world opens up and you never go back. Passive crossovers are the way things used to be but no longer have to be.

I happen to like faithful true to real life audio replication.

My answer is to use neutral everything I can which in the case of capacitors would be those that measure well and perform their electrical duty without flavoring

WEll this should be everyones obvious goal in hifi( that old term from the late 1950's.  rings true here, High Fidelity).
grainy tube amps are not much better than a  razor edge clinical ss amp. 
IMHO speakers are the 1st component to consider, Everything rises or falls due to neutrality or lack of, comming from the speakers voice.
Makes little dif to add expensive caps to a  system if  one or more of the components havea   signature *favoring/coloring*, 
which we can sum up as ~~THe Fatigue Syndrone~~ aka <distortion>
 Well it is more than that. I believe that a lot of fancy capacitors and tube amps with that warm sound really are adding distortion that many people find appealing. Some like blue others like brown.

Interesting view points, for sure.  When were talking amps, that's one thing, XOs or OXO is a different ball game. I split what goes where with
great concern in regards to what's in the signal path. A DSP is a great example. I use an OXO for 100-300 hz with DSP and all the goodies, but 300 hz and above I only use caps, coils, inductors, and resistors. It's the way all my systems are set up. Below 100 is GRs servo system, or a good low bass system. Usually columns..

The distortion you speak of is normally not introduced, but NOT controlled to a greater or lesser degree.  Pass labs is a great example.
There are amps with adjustable feedback.  Distortion is controlled by better caps (DC leakage), they doesn't add, unless they are BAD. At least the 4-6000 I've installed in 45 years of tinkering,  Why would you change them if not to improve the SOUND QUALITY.  I don't know..
To say you did.. Expensive habit for sure..

DSP is a wonderful, thing.. I don't care for it between me and GREAT sound though. I can get good, but not GREAT, or breathtaking, or memorable, just good.  A DSP in my system would kill the dynamics plane and simple. Planars will reveal everything that's NOT there, and every flaw that is. They are not forgiving AT ALL..

I hope you get to enjoy that.  Again EARS..take care of them, everyone..

Regards