Multi-channel amp question????

Ok guys here's the deal, I have a buddy trying to build a better then Best Buy Home theatre and I am not welly versed on this stuff. He is looking for an amp right now, 5 channel under $2000, that budget is not set in stone, if there is something way better for a little over budget that is no problem. It will be powering paradigm reference speakers, w/Paradigm P1000 powered sub. The only source will be digital, DVD and CD. He is thinking EAD, Sunfire, Acurus, B&K and I am thinking Rotel, Adcom...any suggestions. I am sorry if some of you feel this should be in the Home theatre arena, I figured I would reach more people here, and it is an amp question, thank you for any input, Tim The Tire Guy
tireguy

Showing 1 response by sol322

I´ve a B&K AV 5000 II (Same as Gallaine but 5 channel)for two years now. With proper set up and slight mods this unit can perform quite well with a very good cost performance ratio.
Have no experience with other units but have compared with other friends systems (much more investment) and compares quite well if not better.
If you can audition do it, saves a lot of time afterwards
Regards