MSB select II vs all dacs ?

Wherever I read I see unanimous praise for the MSB Select II. Of course this DAC is super pricey and out of the reach of many (including me). I wanted to know for anyone who has heard it have you also heard a DAC that approached it in sonic performance? One name that was thrown around by a few people I know is the  Rockna Wavedream. Anyone make that comparison?
smodtactical
Rhapsody I’ve been following this topic thanks for chiming in , I guess like most here I generally find topics of this sort highly interesting though the majority is way outside my price bracket.

You suggest prominence on the source / network server over the dac i wholeheartedly agree keeping with my old school thought on similar topics.
I wholeheartedly agree with ‘prominence on the source / network server’ part. That’s why my Aurender N10 is been the reference for over 5 plus years. There isn’t anything else out there that I seek or desire anymore.

I couldn’t have asked for a better digital streaming setup than N10 + EMM Labs DA2.  
Latik-The Aurenders are great, especially the N10.  If you are enjoying music via streaming then why opt to spend more $$$ on something new.

in_shore  Yep, the source as very important back to the Linn proclamation in the 80s still holds true.

I personally was very surprised in the streaming/digital world how drastically in my room/systems the server and connections from modem to the server and the server connection to the DAC made more of a difference than when I switched DACs.

Anything that I have ever said about this to anyone was always in the context of my system and what I had experienced and really has nothing to do with what others might experience in their systems.

I've NEVER done any direct comparisons between any of the DACs mentioned in this thread.

It is also noted in this thread that Rhapsody.Audio is a dealer for the distributor, WorldWideWholesale.

To clarify Rhapsody.Audio  WAS a dealer for Rockna and In-Akustik but as of a few days we are no longer a dealer for either brand and we have no affiliation whatsoever with WorldWideWholeSales.