MQA?

On my digital side I have an Aurender W20 server with a Metrum pavane level III DAC.    When I stream music I am using the HiFi TIDAL. The Metrum has an option of purchasing a card that I would install to add MQA capabilities. From what I have read there is some controversy as to whether MQA is a positive or negative to the sound of digital. I was interested in thoughts on whether I should add the module. 
rbodner
I’ve only tried a couple of MQA albums and after long listening to both, I am not inclined to buy any more.

Using the same recordings, I can certainly tell the MQA versions are different, but not any more "real" (which I know is subjective unless you were in the room during the actual recording).

In fact, if I had to describe a characteristic of MQA, I think they sound somehow more artificial. I’d be hard pressed to say exactly why I feel that way, but I kept coming back to that description during my listening.

The entire hobby / pursuit falls into that bucket....

The very fact that almost everyone concedes that some enjoy the MQA difference and some do not effectively designates this technology to a category other than general improvement.

Simply remove "MQA" from your statement:

The very fact that almost everyone concedes that some enjoy the difference and some do not effectively designates this technology to a category other than general improvement.

I have enabled MQA on my W 20.    From what I am understanding above even without the  MQA module in my Metrum there Should be a sound difference between MQA files and non-MQA files  I am going to listen to several albums in each format and see if I can hear a difference and which type of file I prefer. It would seem that could possibly help me decide whether I want to have the MQA module in my DAC?
I have a Bluesound Node 2 with full MQA decoding and my experience has been like some others. When I feed the Bluesound into my Marantz Dac it sounds better to me that way than using the Bluesound with the full MQA unfolding.
Who woulda thunk? Reckon I’m kinda lukewarm on MQA. 
@headspace but what about when you listen to the song not in MQA? do you notice a difference when using either DAC?