Moving tube equipment

I will be relocating some tube based amps soon. Since I'm doing the packing and driving (about an hour and 15 minutes) any thoughts on just leaving the tubes intact and packing carefully so the units cannot shift.  After unpacking just check to make the tubes are still properly seated.  The amps are not auto biased so having the right tube in the correct socket matters.  Yes I'm just being lazy and would rather not pull the tubes and mark etc....
Thanks
Ag insider logo xs@2xdeadlift

volumizer
18 posts
03-19-2020 11:25pmRussian fighter jets didn't work well without their tubes installed while on the move.

>>>>Plus Russian fighter pilots complained they couldn’t pick up American rock & roll stations.
What a load. There are zero issues with transporting your tube amps in the car for an hour or so. (Any defensive/evasive driving maneuvers excluded.) As a precaution, after you have them located/placed in their new environment it wouldn’t hurt to check that all of the tubes are firmly seated.

Don’t forget to crack the window so your amps get some fresh air and enjoy the ride.

I have to admit after that first troll like response which again caused me to remember why I generally never post on forums the rest have been useful and humorous as well thanks to all ! 
We all need a smile at the moment ! 
When i move a piece of tube gear, I pull the tubes one by one and I mark the box with the tube position. V1 , V2 etc so my matched pairs stay matched.
I've already rolled the tubes so I have all the boxes labeled and marked amp serial number position etc. This is just what I'm trying to avoid for this short move. Plus I always feel every time you handle a tube the chance for the whoops moment. ...