moving to Europe,need help with converting 110/220

Hi,can I use voltage converter/regulator with my Revel B15 sub?I have 5000w converter which I like to use for my 65"Tv,dvd player,av receiver and a sub,is going toork without any side effects?As far as I know there is problem with 50/60HZ,there is no conversion for that.Can somebody explain that to me?Thanks so much
128x128mikedimitrov

Showing 1 response by seldenr

Yes, check before you leave, but several manufacturers are making their gear so that it is either dual-voltage (no change necessary), or can be simply switched internally. Why? Simple, makes life a lot easier for them since they ship all over the world. For example, Cary tells me their CD players have 4 fuse slots. 2 for 110v and 2 for 220v. All you do to change to the correct line voltage is move the fuses. Musical Fidelity tells me their gear (bought it here for taking overseas) is easily changed internally - no technician required.

So, do check with the manufacturer before using a transformer. I have also used transformers, and they work fine, but some of them (even the more expensive ones) put out a rather loud hum.

Good luck!