Moving to a dynamic speaker from a Electrostatic

I am downsizing my home and presently have soundlab M2's.
I would like to hear from people who have moved back into a dynamic speaker from electrostatics and what makes were the ones that you listened to and eventually settled on.
rleff

Showing 2 responses by zd542

I think Upscale Audio sells them, but I wouldn't buy from them unless I had no other options.
I've had good luck with both ESL's and dynamic driver's. Ultimately, your personal taste is going to be the deciding factor, but one speaker I recommend you consider is Vandersteen. I find them to be as coherent as any speaker I've ever heard regardless of design. Not only that, you should also look forward to what a dynamic speaker can do that ESL's usually can't. It's very likely you will find that you are upgrading the sound of your system in certain areas.

That said, the most important thing to keep in mind, I feel, is to consider what the entire system will be, and not just speaker A vs Speaker B. All the other components are every bit as important as the speakers. (I'm sure you already know this but I still think its worth mentioning.)