Moving from the Magnepan 3.6 to the 20.1

I've been enjoying my Magnepan 3.6's immensely since I picked up a used pair about six months ago. This has got me wondering just how good the 20.1's could really be. My room is probably large enough for the 20.1's; it's 17.5w x 26L x 9h.

Unfortunately my local dealer doesn't stock the 20'1's so I don't have easy access to a pair for serious auditioning.

Have you made this move? How much 'better' are the 20.1's than the 3.6's? Were they better? What stood-out between the two?
stickman451
Good info on the Cary 500 MB; I would probably have to buy them without a personal audition in my rig and that makes it a little more difficult to make the leap... I do keep an eye out for a good used pair but they only become available infrequently used...
you know, the thing about the Cary's is that they don't come for sale very often. So if you buy them, then don't like them, the market is very good for them, and I doubt you will even be out the shipping. I know I could sell mine for more than I paid originally, but I don't really want to.

Give the 20.1 a lot of listening before hand , setup is critical and time consuming , x-over updates are a must , you could be going backwards over a 3.6 ... if you are not willing to put in the time...

regards,