Moving cables around killed dynamics for days anyone else experience this?

I've been experimenting with different cables between components. Nothing sounds right since trying to improve sound with new mix of cables. There is no bass and boring, highs are okay but life is gone from system. So I flipped everything back the way it was still sound horrible. Ran everything 24/7 for a couple days still no go. Let it run a couple more days dynamics are back and bass is full big and has tone again and enjoyable to listen to. Can someone tell me why this happens. I've also moved just speaker cables around without unhooking them and seen this happen, I don't get it.
paulcreed
It is not so much incoherent, it is just that I dont want to conclude and throwing in the basket of illusions all experiences of people who move cables and affirm to hear some differences...In the same way, I listen to your argument, and they are not neutral, your agenda is dismissing any " audiophile claims" … Audiophiles are a crowd akin to anti-vaxing…Case closed... :)

I know perfectly well all there is to think about your vision of the world: astrology, anti-vaxers, audiophiles, crystals users, etc. all the same... Am I forget something ? oh yes, intelligent design, homeopathy, tarot reader,...the list is too way longer to make, but you know it is very easy to read your mind set...

ok I apologize for throwing oil on a fire...

A remark : by the way I never experience in my own audio system that moving my cable makes a difference in itself, except this one : it is better that some cable dont touch some other one... That one I verify and experience by myself ...Then unlike you I dont dismiss all "audiophiles" in the same bin trash... My best to you... And to all...
Pro audio rears is semi-handsome head. 🦸‍♂️ Can controlled blind test ranting be very far behind? Perhaps some of his patented sweet tweakaphobic pseudo-philosophy...

It is so sad that prof does not realize he sees himself as the incontrovertible authority. 

mahgister,

I listen to your argument, and they are not neutral,

No argument is "neutral."  An argument defends a certain position.And "neutrality" is not a cognate for "reasonable."  If you take a "neutral" position between the claim of a flat or a round (oblate spheroid) earth, as if neither is more likely, you aren't doing much better than the flat-earther in terms of grappling with the evidence.

The question is whether the argument is reasonable/sound.

your agenda is dismissing any " audiophile claims" … Audiophiles are a crowd akin to anti-vaxing…Case closed... :)

No not all audiophile claims.  I tend to challenge the grounds for certain claims when there are good reasons for skepticism (And I give the reasons).  My "agenda" is trying to do this hobby while not being credulous in the face of every audiophile or audio-company's claim.  
If I find certain claims dubious, I'll explain why.
And I've never done so dogmatically.  I usually point out that it's not that I know the claimed phenomenon is false - it could be real - but rather I'm giving the reasons why I find the claim dubious or doubtful.   Good argument/evidence could get me to believe in the claim.

And I'm usually careful to distinguish the audiophiles I'm talking about, which are "those who believe in the phenomenon in question" and/or the purely subjectivist audiophiles who think their hearing is the ultimate authority on sonic reality,  and who reject the relevance of measurements, science etc in the discussion.

It is wrong to presume all audiophiles think that way. In fact, I see it as a problem that the purely subjectivist audiophiles seem to simply presume theirs is the correct approach and thus anyone entering an alternative opinion, skeptical of a subjectivist claim, is merely trolling or sticking their nose in where it doesn't belong.No!  Plenty of audiophiles do not go in for every type of tweak purely on subjectivists grounds, and they want better evidence than that.   There is a wide range of approaches to the hobby of hi-end audio, and the door ought to be left open not JUST for those who operate on the Golden Ear paradigm, but those who want to hold claims by manufacturers and audiophiles to more stringent standards before accepting claims.

I know perfectly well all there is to think about your vision of the world: astrology, anti-vaxers, audiophiles, crystals users, etc. all the same... Am I forget something ? oh yes, intelligent design, homeopathy, tarot reader,...the list is too way longer to make, but you know it is very easy to read your mind set...

How self-satisfying it clearly is for you to have pegged me so perfectly that you can dismiss my position without any actual arguments.

First, I don't think you could actually produce a cogent critique of my "mindset" based on what you've written.  I can see the seams of strawmen and over-simplification already in what you've written.

More important, all you've produced is a sort of snide ad hominem:  "You are so easy to read" instead of actually showing anything I've written to be unreasonable.

That's intellectually lazy and more in line with trolling.   Don't you care to contribute better than that?

No one's forcing you to participate.  But if you are going to, and think you can just drop in some ad hominem implications and job done, you should expect some pushback, right?

My remark about your mind set is not a more ad hominem act than your assimilation of " subjectivist audiophiles", who report something about cables, to the flat earther, and anti-vaxing crowd ...

By the way an argument can be perfectly rational and sound and used in a non neutral way, motivated by an agenda. (examples abound: using Darwinian science facts in a political agenda etc).

And now I am a troll in the thread... :)

My contribution is a simple testimony in my last post remark if you can read it... It is a simple fact that answered to the OP of this thread, and to you, about my own experience, without dismissing a priori his claims...And like the OP I think that it is a possible question in an audio thread not something akin to the anti-vaxing movement....Your contribution is a bunch of "rational" arguments to dismiss some very simple facts, or if you prefer illusory subjectivist experience, given by some "subjectivist audiophiles" as you called them , it remind me of some Jonathan Swift distinction in Gulliver... The subjectivist egg army against the objectivist egg league....This distinction between subjectivist and objectivist makes absolutely no sense at all except for those who feel necessary to makes it at all cost...

My best to you...

And I dont think that you are a troll by the way....I dont discuss with or about trolls...You are an intelligent mind and interesting guy, just a bit too extreme or hard in his conclusions and his self imposed mission...I wish you the best anyway...