Moving across country with over 1000 LP's

Hi guys and gals-I am contemplating moving to Arizona in the near future from NJ and wanted to get your suggestions on how to make sure the move isnt traumatic to the over 1000 LPs. Is there any way movers can prevent warpage of the records? Just was wondering if any moving companies have temperature-controlled vans. The temperature as you get out west in the summer can reach 112 or more and I'm sure it's even hotter inside a moving van. Anyone with experience in this? Many of the LP's I have are collectors items and I'd sure hate to see them ruined. Thanking you in advance!-Mrmitch
mrmitch

Showing 1 response by armstrod

Mrmitch,

I have about 2,500 LPs that I moved in June 2005 from Halsey, OR to West Point, NY in a 26 foot U-Haul with no temp control, then moved them again in June 2006 from West Point to Florence, OR in a commercial movers trailer with no climate control AND them packing our stuff with goods from 3 other families. I haven't found a single record that was in any different condition than before the first move. I had them packed tightly in good boxes, so there was little chance of them warping. As long as you have them packed well, I can't imagine how they would get damaged unless it gets hot enough to melt the grooves themselves.

David