Movin' up from Rega Planet 2000? What next?

Greetings,
I'm absolutely pleased with the Rega 2000 I have, but in a multi-piece deal in equipment I'm selling, the buyer may want the Rega too.
So... if it goes, what would be my next upgrade?

I love the sound of the Planet 2000. I had a tube modded player and wasn't all that impressed after hearing the Planet 2000. Someone suggested the Rega Jupiter. Anyone concur? I really do love what the Rega is doing, so I would be most curious of players that have similar sound characteristics.

Other options of players at the $1k mark used that would fare very well against the Jupiter? I'm not planning on using a dac.

(I may have very soon for sale here a pair of Eminent Technology LFT-8A speakers with Sound Anchor stands, and an Outlaw 755 (5x200wpc) amp)

My components will be:
PS Audio PCA-2 preamp
PS Audio HCA-2 amp
Chapman T-7 speakers (3 way boxes similar to Vandersteens)
Vandersteen 2W subs
Harmonic Technology pro 11 speaker cables/H. tech interconnects

Thanks for all input.
douglas_schroeder

Showing 1 response by proggy

Hi,

I took a long look at the Rega Planet and Jupiter earlier this year when I was hunting for a CD player. I ended up snagging a Naim CD5i. It has the forgiving nature of the Rega players with, to my ears, more transparency and drive.

At the price range of the Planet, two players stood out to me. First, the Jolida 100 was very smooth and warm at about the same price as the Rega. A surprise player for me was the CEC CD-3300. This player sounded a lot like the Rega Planet and included XLR outputs. This is a nifty player for the $600 price.

Good luck in your search.

Regards,
Erik