Movin' up from Rega Planet 2000? What next?

Greetings,
I'm absolutely pleased with the Rega 2000 I have, but in a multi-piece deal in equipment I'm selling, the buyer may want the Rega too.
So... if it goes, what would be my next upgrade?

I love the sound of the Planet 2000. I had a tube modded player and wasn't all that impressed after hearing the Planet 2000. Someone suggested the Rega Jupiter. Anyone concur? I really do love what the Rega is doing, so I would be most curious of players that have similar sound characteristics.

Other options of players at the $1k mark used that would fare very well against the Jupiter? I'm not planning on using a dac.

(I may have very soon for sale here a pair of Eminent Technology LFT-8A speakers with Sound Anchor stands, and an Outlaw 755 (5x200wpc) amp)

My components will be:
PS Audio PCA-2 preamp
PS Audio HCA-2 amp
Chapman T-7 speakers (3 way boxes similar to Vandersteens)
Vandersteen 2W subs
Harmonic Technology pro 11 speaker cables/H. tech interconnects

Thanks for all input.
douglas_schroeder

Showing 1 response by lngbruno

I too upgraded from a Planet to a Jupiter about six months ago and feel it was worth the extra money to do so. The change in my system wasn't what I would call significant but there was a noticable change in the depth and overall size of the sound stage. There was also just a fuller sound overall.

The news about the new REGA Appollo cd player is interesting, but I'm not so sure I like what they presumably did with changing from a Sony drive unit to a Sanyo drive. I guess we will have to wait and see. In the meantime, check out the Jupiter.

Link to article -
http://www.gt-audio.fr/H002_Site/WebPagesFR/banc_p1.htm

L.