Most recordings you own by a single artist, group, or composer

I went and purchased two more John Coltrane CD’s, "Blue Train" and "Traneing In", in spite of, relative to other artists, having way too many of his albums already. I do love his music and just now counted having forty-eight of his albums, not even including the ones he recorded with Miles Davis.

Is there anyone else out there at least equally nutty, or has more recordings by any single artist, band or composer? If so, who do you like, and how many of their albums have you collected and play? Miles Davis at thirty-three records and CD’s, comes in a not too distant second in my collection.

Hopefully this topic hasn’t been broached before here.

Mike
skyscraper
skyscraper

I own the catalogs of Coltrane, Davis and Herbie Hancock.
Then, The Beatles and The Rolling Stones for Pop/Rock.

Happy Listening!
Between CDs, SACDs and albums - I have over 200 Bob Dylan pieces. Every single official release (sans maybe a few recent compilations) including studio, live and all the bootleg series sets. My favorite album is "Blood on the tracks."
I've seen him in concert 14 times as well. 

In second place is Queen (my favorite band of all time) with 130+ pieces combined. My favorite albums are "The Works" (that's when I fell in love with Queen at age 8), "The Miracle" (the first Queen CD I owned) and of course "A Night At The Opera.
Depeche Mode: albums, live recordings, compilations, b-sides, remixes. Well over 100. 
Interesting subject since I just recently finished archiving proper releases in my collection to Discogs.
Guided by Voices / Robert Pollard is by far the most densely populated.  The collection, including all of Pollard's side projects accounts for a total of more than 300 pieces. There are 150 lp's (several double & triple) 1 - 5 lp box set, 38 - cd's, 5 - 4 cd box sets, 5 cassette tapes. Not yet archived are +100 bootlegs / live recordings, 10 test pressings & +10 - 7" single/ep
It's safe to say I have the GeebeeVeebees! 
A distant second is Led Zeppelin at 83 pieces - mostly bootleg lp's.

Jafant, I’m jealous. There can be no happy listening now, knowing you have all the Coltrane and Davis albums and I don’t. I’ll not rest until I’ve achieved that same goal. I do have all the Beatles, and all but the last couple of Rolling Stones releases though, so I’m keeping pace with you there at least.

yyman, that’s an impressive Dylan collection you’ve got going. When I was going to school at SUNY at New Paltz, we didn’t live that far from Woodstock, where he was with the Band at Big Pink. There was one record store in town that carried lots of his bootlegs in white jackets in a box below the legitimate records being sold. I wish now I’d the foresight to have gotten a few of those. Probably some rare material.

Doni could you recommend a couple of Richard Thomas solo outings you prefer, that showcase his guitar playing? I do have some of the Fairport Convention and Shoot Out the Lights, but no much more and none of his solo work.

lwal, good luck with trying to get the entire Dead catalog including all the bootlegs. That’s a true bottomless pit. Van Morrison is a deep pit too, and he's still digging it deeper. Which two Van Morrison albums are you missing?

Jssmith, never heard of Buckethead and don’t know how I could have missed someone with 270 albums to his name. I’m listening to him on youtube right this moment since you brought him up,

Mike