Most Musical 6NS7 tube for a Preamp?

A request for recommendations by those with experience with different 6SN7 tubes.

My system so far is a Pass Labs XA25 SS Amp, and a circa 1988 Tannoy FSMs.
The speakers operate at 4 ohms with a 94 sensitivity.

The room size is medium. Acoustically well treated.

I listen at lower volumes 60-75db. Vocals mostly.

I am looking for the most musical preamp, with a remote.

Budget is $3k. Used preferred. Better value.

Not considering anything from Schiit Audio.

Considering- Supratek Chardonnay.

Any other suggestions?

Tube Ideas?

Thank you!
chorus
Aric audio makes a 6sn7 preamp called the Special which can be ordered with or without a remote. The remote version is $3250 I believe. I own the Special and love it. Should i need to replace my BEL 1001 MK5 I am also considering the Pass XA25. 
Agree with Peter's recommendation of Red Base RCA 5692.
I have tried other NOS RCA's, Sylvanias and Raytheons as well as new production Chinese tubes and the Red Base 5692 were the best for my Cary SLP-88 preamp.
Buy a used with remote deHavilland Ultraverve. I got a used one without the remote and immediately sold my 12Au7 based pre amp. The mods bigkidz mentioned sound nice and you may can have them done within your budget if you buy used. And thanks for the update on Kara. Hope she is ok. Great to deal with. I liked my Ultraverve so much I had her build me a modded Mercury III. I am keeping both preamps. Have fun! Oh, I have used several tubes in the Ultraverve but the Ken Rad is my favorite. Fun to try different ones since there is only one.
My vote is for the Ultraverve also.  I have had mine for about 12 years and, as a result, have tried an amazing number of different vintage 6sn7’s. There are at least a dozen really good ones...each with their own personalities.  That said, each of these tube are all very relative to your particular rig configuration.  I run my Ultraverve through a big Bryston 14bsst ss amp and then on to B&W 802’s. As a result, my favorite 6sn7’s are what works for my system...and to my ears.  I will say that swapping out this particular tube in the Ultraverve can make dramatic tonal changes in the sound of your system. As Kara Chaffee describes it, experimenting with different 6sn7’s is akin to trying different wines! Also, the Ultraverve is built like a rock with point to point wiring, choice of remote or not, and designed to put very low stress on the tubes. I had Kara raise the 5aw4 tube seat to accommodate a bulbous 5au tube. She also updated my Ultraverve with Dueland caps and wiring about three years ago.  It sounds amazing and I get the best of both worlds, the warm musicality of the tubes along with effortless power of the sis amp. 

I've had both the Ultranerve and LTA mk2 ( currently have the Microzotl preamp).The UV has your classic tube sound. The LTA more linear with a touch of tubiness,Read the reviews of each, They are spot on.