Most Important, Unloved Cable...

Ethernet. I used to say the power cord was the most unloved, but important cable. Now, I update that assessment to the Ethernet cable. Review work forthcoming. 

I can't wait to invite my newer friend who is an engineer who was involved with the construction of Fermilab, the National Accelerator Lab, to hear this! Previously he was an overt mocker; no longer. He decided to try comparing cables and had his mind changed. That's not uncommon, as many of you former skeptics know. :)

I had my biggest doubts about the Ethernet cable. But, I was wrong - SO wrong! I'm so happy I made the decision years ago that I would try things rather than simply flip a coin mentally and decide without experience. It has made all the difference in quality of systems and my enjoyment of them. Reminder; I settled the matter of efficacy of cables years before becoming a reviewer and with my own money, so my enthusiasm for them does not spring from reviewing. Reviewing has allowed me to more fully explore their potential.  

I find fascinating the cognitive dissonance that exists between the skeptical mind in regard to cables and the real world results which can be obtained with them. I'm still shaking my head at this result... profoundly unexpected results way beyond expectation. Anyone who would need an ABX for this should exit the hobby and take up gun shooting, because your hearing would be for crap.  
douglas_schroeder
@jinjuku    

All you will ever get here is evasiveness. 

It is exactly the same that Randi found. 

When challenged hucksters are full of bravado and then they get even louder and louder about how confident they are. 

Ask for a demonstration and they are suddenly evasive and the personal attacks start. 

You won't get anywhere here - too much money in selling bits of over priced wired (new and used). 

However, I have a lucky Rabbit's foot that although expensive will make your system sound wonderful if you are interested?
"Ethernet as a protocol and cable is the only cable in all of audiophiledom that I know of that you can unplug and you will still get playback"

@jinjuku,

Again, we don’t listen or test equipments and cables on a 30 second buffer memory. Everyone understands here how music is being streamed off Ethernet and played back. 

I think you’ve lost sight of OP purpose of starting this thread. You clearly don’t have any understanding on how to evaluate cables so just stick with your 20 seconds ’gimmicky’ of unplugging cable and so on.
shadorne

@jinjuku

"All you will ever get here is evasiveness.

It is exactly the same that Randi found.

When challenged hucksters are full of bravado and then they get even louder and louder about how confident they are."

>>>>Whoa! What? Are you insane? I was the subject of Randi’s trolling in five count em five of his weekly blogs. He went after me for the clock, he went after me for the Intelligent Chip and he went after me for the Teleportation Tweak. Randi was only interested in one thing. Getting attention. As a former Las Vegas magician he was skilled in drumming up an audience. But Randi had no interest whatsoever in high end audio, or low end audio for that matter. Except if it got him some attention. One assumes the business of going after dowsers and spoon benders was rapidly drying up. His whole James Randi Education Foundation schtick was founded on the idea of going after the paranormal. That’s why Johnny Carson left him a million bucks, to found the "education foundation." To go after charlatans and ghost busters. Not to go after audiophiles. Hel-loo! But, as they say in Paree, any port in a storm. ⛈ ⛈

How anyone can equate high end audio with the paranormal is just plane crazy. I even had one of Randi’s goons threaten to kick my you know what. I even had one of his goon’s challenge me to a karate fight on board the Randi yatch down in the Caribbean. I declined the offer as I did not wish to hurt the poor fellow. The trouble with pseudo skeptics is they’re not equipped to deal with reality. It’s all about attention, you know, like the YouTube video currently under discussion. 😛

"It’s all about attention, you know, like the YouTube video currently under discussion"

+1, geoffkait. 

He's got way more attention here then on YouTube, that's why he won't leave 😜
Everyone understands here how music is being streamed off Ethernet and played back.

That’s news to me.

I have a simple question:

When you are playing back music and the Ethernet cable is disconnected and you still hear music. What happens to the SQ?

When you are playing back music and the Ethernet cable is disconnected and it’s going to play for ~ another 30 seconds and I place a different Ethernet cable back in what happens at the point I plug it back in and what happens at the point the Application calls on the OS to prefetch?

You are a computer audio luddite.