Most Important, Unloved Cable...

Ethernet. I used to say the power cord was the most unloved, but important cable. Now, I update that assessment to the Ethernet cable. Review work forthcoming. 

I can't wait to invite my newer friend who is an engineer who was involved with the construction of Fermilab, the National Accelerator Lab, to hear this! Previously he was an overt mocker; no longer. He decided to try comparing cables and had his mind changed. That's not uncommon, as many of you former skeptics know. :)

I had my biggest doubts about the Ethernet cable. But, I was wrong - SO wrong! I'm so happy I made the decision years ago that I would try things rather than simply flip a coin mentally and decide without experience. It has made all the difference in quality of systems and my enjoyment of them. Reminder; I settled the matter of efficacy of cables years before becoming a reviewer and with my own money, so my enthusiasm for them does not spring from reviewing. Reviewing has allowed me to more fully explore their potential.  

I find fascinating the cognitive dissonance that exists between the skeptical mind in regard to cables and the real world results which can be obtained with them. I'm still shaking my head at this result... profoundly unexpected results way beyond expectation. Anyone who would need an ABX for this should exit the hobby and take up gun shooting, because your hearing would be for crap.  
douglas_schroeder
@jinjuku,

In your experience, do you think laptop / computer is a best source to determine sound fidelity and quality of a Ethernet cable in direct comparison with a dedicated audio server like Lumin, Aurender or Antipodes?

It certainly can be if your USB DAC is good. I've had a Cary Audio DMS-500 to evaluate. Both it and my computer based system sounded great. 
One assumes jinjuku would attempt to debunk wire directionality by claiming that data transfer is not corrupted or changed when the cables are reversed so therefore wire directionality doesn't exist. 

Ethernet cables aren't directional though... And before you go talking about STP cabling, don't talk about it in a vacuum, because how the shield is tied is dependent on the installation environment. 

You really have no clue what you are talking about. 
I once had coffee at a diner in NYC that boasted World’s Best Coffee.

For a purported expert of what constitutes valid testing you sure don’t understand the difference between an entirely subjective claim (taste) with objective ones like increased sound stage, stereo separation, more defined highs etc...

Now if Chord simply said "The world’s best sounding cable" they would have been fine.

I feel like the Ben Shapiro of Audio. 
Increased sound stage, etc, are subjective claims. There are no measurements for these parameters, other than the impressions from one's ears, nervous system and consciousness. 
Eggs ackly! So are sweetness, presence, air and venue recognition. ⛪️