Most Important, Unloved Cable...

Ethernet. I used to say the power cord was the most unloved, but important cable. Now, I update that assessment to the Ethernet cable. Review work forthcoming. 

I can't wait to invite my newer friend who is an engineer who was involved with the construction of Fermilab, the National Accelerator Lab, to hear this! Previously he was an overt mocker; no longer. He decided to try comparing cables and had his mind changed. That's not uncommon, as many of you former skeptics know. :)

I had my biggest doubts about the Ethernet cable. But, I was wrong - SO wrong! I'm so happy I made the decision years ago that I would try things rather than simply flip a coin mentally and decide without experience. It has made all the difference in quality of systems and my enjoyment of them. Reminder; I settled the matter of efficacy of cables years before becoming a reviewer and with my own money, so my enthusiasm for them does not spring from reviewing. Reviewing has allowed me to more fully explore their potential.  

I find fascinating the cognitive dissonance that exists between the skeptical mind in regard to cables and the real world results which can be obtained with them. I'm still shaking my head at this result... profoundly unexpected results way beyond expectation. Anyone who would need an ABX for this should exit the hobby and take up gun shooting, because your hearing would be for crap.  
douglas_schroeder
@geoffkait   

WRONG AGAIN.

You are only correct when it comes to selling audio which is why the audio market is replete with snake oil and wild unsubstantiated claims. Many areas are regulated such that claims must be substantiated.

Examples are everywhere - from food labels, building codes, fire ratings, UL laboratories on electrical appliances, fuel MPG ratings and even when you gas up your car (the pumps are tested to ensure you are getting the required amount you paid for)

Your belief and attitude however says a whole lot about you! I definitely would never want to travel on Geoffkait airlines if you owned an airline.

shadorne, your humorous attitude notwithstanding, if what you’re saying was actually true, which it’s not (rpt not), then people would be suing aftermarket fuse companies that sell non UL listed fuses. Of course, no one is. No one has even tried to sue me for the Teleportation Tweak. Whew, that was a close call! Why don't you see any lawsuits over high end tweaks? Because it’s not possible to prove some suspicious looking audio tweak doesn’t work. Especially in a court of law. Follow?

So, getting back to the case in UK, I’m sure willemj is not telling the whole story for whatever reason. If it doesn’t make sense it’s not true. Audio is by its very nature subjective. One person gets good results, another person doesn’t. That’s the way the cookie crumbles. 🍪
OK, here’s one for you Skeptics: Prove that objectivity exists.

Good luck with that.
Actually, in the real world, claims do not (rpt not) have to be substantiated, proven or any such thing. Products do not (rpt not) have to be proven to work, they do not (rpt not) have to be explained. Measurements are not (rpt not) required. Those are all old wives’ tales. Have fun in your pseudo skeptic's daydream. 🍭
"claims do not (rpt not) have to be substantiated proven or any such thing "  Yes they do (rpt they do)
"Products do not (rpt not) have to be proven to work"
 Yes they do (rpt they do)
"they do not (rpt not) have to be explained"
"Measurements are not (rpt not) required."

Your logic has been soundly defeated. Be a man and admit it. 

Seriously? What problem solving paradigm do you support which doesn't demand evidence to support a claim? Have fun in your fantasy land of fantasy beliefs. Again, sorry you missed out on 500-1500 AD, that must really make you sad.