Most enjoyable speaker you heard under $800??

What is the most enjoyable and satisfying speaker UP TO $700.00, you either listened to or owned.

Consider musicality as an important factor in your comments that is, the sound really held your attention, and also amazed you. Thanks, Jimbo
sunnyjim

Showing 3 responses by zd542

New or used? If used, then Vandersteen Model 1, Unity Audio CLA-3, Clements Audio D ribbon monitors, JM Labs Daline 3, Monitor Audio Silver Series.
"05-23-15: Mceljo
I was actually blown away wight the sound of my active Audioengine A5+ speakers when they were hooked directly to my SACD player. The results are not nearly as great using the Apple Airport Express as the DAC, but that's what how they work best where they need to function."

What were the differences between the two? I may need to pick up an inexpensive dac, so I may try it.
"05-24-15: Mceljo
ZD542 - I am not great with audiophile descriptions, but the results of the A5+ with my SACD player made me believe that I could be happy with the combo if something happened to my Focal 836v speakers. Using the Airport Express the sound is more like an old tape player lacking detail, clarity, and dynamics in comparison. It just sounds ok rather than surprisingly great."

Sorry. I somehow managed to read your first post wrong. I thought you liked the Apple better. I don't know what I was thinking because you were pretty clear. Also, your description in the above quote is pretty good.