Most demanding passages for a turntable & system

Analog setup: Technics SL1210 with KAB re-wire, RCA plate Cardas Litz RCA, Shelter 501II, Krell KPE Ref pre.
Cartridge weight set @ 1.2, anti-skate @ 1.0. Arm height @ 2.1 on the scale.
I've always used Emerson Lake & Palmers 1st LP to strain the heck out the the setup. The last song on side one "Knife-Edge" ends in a passage that absolutley will work the analog setup to its extreme. Also a passage on side 2's "Three Fates" comes a very close 2nd.
"Dark Side of the Moon" aint bad,but not that streneous on the turntable setup I think.
What do others use to really give the turntable "the ol' acid test", so to speak?
-John
jsd52756

Showing 1 response by jsd52756

I'd like to try the Sheffield Drum Track. I've been thinking of other LP's I own that are tough. Rick Wakemans' Myth & Legends of King Aurthur, Merlin the Magician also fits the bill. There are some extremely demanding passages on that as well. If the cartridge setup can track and handle that song well then I know I got it all goin' on. Smiles all the way. The turntable set up as noted above plays everything very well. Joni's Court & Spark always makes my wife come in and sit down with me too. It's like Joni is singing in our home.
-John