moscode 600 " the newest mods"

I have a maxi version 600. I bought it new in the 80's. It's been a very good amp and I still appreciate it's contribution to my system. I notice that George Kaye the original (engineer) designer of the Moscode is now offering some major mods and a rather different approach for his original design. The description and resulting changes to the sound are very alluring. The upgrade package could run into the $1500.00 range. I obviously like George Kaye's ideas on reproduced sound and I'm constantly trying to improve my set up but, it's a lot of bread, so I was hoping some of you may have had some of these modifications carried out and might be able to offer some comment on the results. I would actually appreciate any insight in helping me arrive at a decision.
tweakyman

Showing 1 response by rrog

George Kaye has been modifying the Moscode 300 and 600 amplifiers for almost 20 years. If you like the rich full bodied sound of your amp you may not like the mod.

I always find it intersting when audiophiles have their equipment modified and shortly after it is for sale.