Morph The Cat : Revisited

I recently purchased the Donald Fagan LP Morph the Cat. Man, I believe this is the best sounding rock LP i have ever purchased (at least one of the best). I saw a post a while back in which some posters felt that the LP was a disappointment in that it had no top end to it, and that it was bass heavy. I found that with a small VTA adjustment, the top end sparkles without losing the tight, deep bass. I love every song on this LP. It is much better IMO than the recent Steely Dan LP's. Anyone else have any thoughts on the sound of this LP?
slowhand

Showing 1 response by txguy318hou

Morph ain't bad, but it doesn't really have a stand-out track like the other two...kinda like the two latest SD albums...OK...I'll admit "Cousin Dupree" off "Two..." is a toe tapper...I am surprised no one mentioned Kamakiriad...it is my favorite Fagen solo project...the plucked bassline on "Tomorrow's Girl" will test your amp and speakers...also the one about a party in an A-bomb shelter is pretty cool...can't recall the name of the tune right now...you can't go wrong with The Dan, but for me, older is better...