More Sources than Inputs

Hello,

I am looking at a Joule Electra LA 100 Mk III that unfortunately has only 3 inputs plus a tape input. I have 4 sources plus a tape deck. How do you guys reasonably get around this? I already know that an option is get another preamp that can accommodate that, but I am keen on the Joule.

Regards,
david_berry

Showing 1 response by bemopti123

I would advocate for something more practical such as the purist switch box by 47 Labs as well as another model by Luxman. The only drawback of the 47 Labs unit is that it is costly...along the lines of at least $600, but the Luxman is relatively affordable at around $200. I own the 47 Labs switcher and although it is expensive, it is worth every single penny when it comes down to the sound or the pristiness of the source. I would be reluctant to add more sources on the cheap, for the Joule is an excellent linestage.... and any plain old switch box would most definetly be a sonic compromise, of course, for some the choice of switching convenience would need to take into account economics.

The Luxman switcher can be had for $200 and when I was in Japan this July, I can attest to the excellent execution of the present Luxman line....Check Audiocubes for it.