More Devore vs Proac questions (super 9 vs D30RS)

I did some more listening and have refined my search.  I had the chance to further audition the O93 vs the Super 9.  I found the tweeter on the super 9s far superior and thus the timbre and tone much more desirable.  So although there is a bit of a price differential between the Super 9 and the Proac D30RS ( the 48 is too big for my room) the final decision will be between these two models ( using my Leben cs600 amplifier).  Unfortunately it s impossible to do a head to head comparison locally.  Has anyone been able to do a Proac D30RS vs Devore 9 comparison?
Thanks
MP
mpomerantz
MP
You've been able to do the comparison I'd been hoping to do.  I listened to the O/93s again recently and though they were still great in the ways I remembered, I would have liked a more extended, refined top end.  I've been intrigued by the Super Nines and your report matches with the description on the audiobeatnick review of the super nines vs the "O" series - more refined, extended, sparkly high end on the Nines.
Unfortunately no one has them for audition anywhere near me.
Hi Prof,
The difference was quite striking.  After listening to the 9s the O93s actually sounded a bit muffled on the high end.  The voicing on the 9s was much more natural sounding.  When I went back to O93 they sounded rather pedestrian.  Next step:  auditioning the 9s at home in 10 days....I will let you know how it goes.
Mike
I also own the D30RS, using a PrimaLuna integrated there is not a hint of politeness. I listen to a wide range of music, last night played AC/DC Highway to Hell LP and it sounded so right in every spectrum, I was not left wanting.  

However I'm really curious of the D30RS vs. the O/93. Nearly the same price but is one better than the other or just different and both are great?

Thanks Mike!
One other thing I am concerned about with the 9s is listening distance.As I've mentioned in my own thread, I find I need at least 8 feet from the O series for them to have good high frequency life and coherency.  Whereas my seating requires speakers to be a bit closer.  I'm therefore wondering if the necessary 8 foot distance only pertains to the design of the O series, or whether there's something in the way John Devore designs his speakers that makes the gibbons also less amenable to closer seating distances.  If you get a chance to audition the 9s maybe you could try moving to a closer listening position - e.g. under 8 feet - to briefly check out if they maintain their high end and coherency when closer.