More curious than a real question- remote trigger? Anyone use it?

So my amp can be switched on one of two way. Pushing the power button on the front or by connecting a short cable to the preamp and then using the preamp's remote to trigger the amp on.

I am sure other amps can be remotely turned on as well. Just wondering if anyone actually uses the remote trigger feature. I don't, but I tried it for a day or two for sh*ts and giggles. 

I have a straight forward 2 channel system. Perhaps if I were running a bank of amps, I could see the usefulness. 
128x128zavato
my friend just hooked up his Pass X250.8 and XP-20 that way, and is quite happy with it...
"my friend just hooked up his Pass X250.8 and XP-20 that way, and is quite happy with it..."

Nice!
It's particularly useful for high power, multi-channel.

Nice to be able to turn off the surround/center amps when only listening to 2 channel.

Some power conditioners will also do this for you in case your amps do not.

Best,

E
I have used it for years with no sonic issues. It is a 12v circuit and has not given me or others I know any diminished performance. Logic tells me, it triggers the unit on and off, again via a separate power supply and is a micro second of employment, and at those two moments, your not listening. It triggers a relay to toggle the power switch and is present in the circuit whether in use or not. My opinion, and may not be a full scientific analogy of the logic, but I like the convenience. Besides if it did cause diminishing performance, would companies targeting the best performance include it?