Moon neo 310lp combined AT art 9

Hi,

Currently using Moon 350p with internal phonocard.
Source is thorens td2001, at art9 mc. Great.
But will an external preamp like moon neo 310lp give me more to enjoy? Caught my interest this amp.
What will be significant differences?
Any experience regarding these components are welcome!
andrex99

Showing 4 responses by andrex99

Thanks Steve, and others, I could not find much reviews, so much appreciated, this first hand feedback!

'I found going from a SS phono to tubed the game changer. If you read reviews of high dollar SS units, its often mentioned how it sounds tubed. You put up with a little noise for "real" over a decent SS unit. In my case, I need to crank the volume up to 12:00 o'clock to hear hiss, and I just don't do that'

@ Tablejockey..this caught my attention. Could you share some thoughts about comparable tube phono amp is this range?T
Should some amp like Allnic H 1201 bring more to the party than around 1500 euro ss amp?
XLR output is missjng in that case.
nice options, thanks, eastern electric is indeed distributed in nl. Positive reviews here. Still, i rate the Moon neo also very high, and it's got some recent upgraded internal power supply. Convienent, low noise, balanced output..
So still on #1 listed.

But it is very interesting to check other options. Reading reviews. Specially those which can create jump in transparency and dynamics.
I found an Allnic distributor in Germany, so i try to gather some more info on this h1201 beauty.
My preamp 350P accept rca as well as xlr at linelevel.

Moon Neo 310LP in house for demo. 
I expected some improvement, but the difference between on board phono and external 310LP is above all expectations. So much more dynamics, soundstage and power throughout all freq range. Quiet, no distortions. I put it 100ohm, 66db. Think Vinyl and art9 now shows me what analog is capable of. Great unit!