Moon 110 LP phono pre-amp?? Is this a good valuable or is there better for less??

Need some feedback about the sound quality of the Moon 110LP MM/MC phono stage.  Music Direct  has the silver units on sale for $325 which retails for $699.  Seems like a good value, but am curious if the Lounge Audio box is better value for a little less money  ($299.00)

(A member recommended the Musical Paradise MM/MC phono stage but it is $499 and more than I can spend)

BTW,.... Music Direct is bundling a Music Hall MMF 5.1  turntable  and their  "Magic" MM cartridg with the Moon LP110 phono preamp for $999.00. However, the "Magic"  cartridge looks like a "re-tread" of the Ortofon QM-10 cartridge which  is/was a major turkey.  I also have some reservations about the offered MH  MMF-5.1, and whether the newer MMF 5.3 is much better table but not offered in any bundled package.at the time. 

Would be nice to get some feedback before "Cyber Monday Sales" go bye-bye   Thanks to all,   SJ  

sunnyjim

Showing 1 response by paraneer

I have a Moon 110LP and it is the one component I own that amazes me the most with its performance.  Especially for what it costs and I paid full price for mine, $650.  At $325 its a steal!

I use mine with a pretty good LOMC, an Ortofon Rondo Blue.  Besides its detail and pacing, it is absolutely graveyard quiet at 60db of gain.  You will not hear any noise/hiss coming from this phono stage allowing only the music to come through.

I have had it for two years now and see no reason whatsoever to upgrade.  Hell, maybe I'll get another one at $325 just to have a silver one as a back up in case I ever upgrade everything else.  Which would probably happen before I ever thought about replacing my Moon 110LP!