Monst5000 power thingy AFTER Adcom ACE:

Goa a Monster powerline5000 conditioner and was playing around and discovered that the SOUND was really way better with the Monster plugged into the Adcom (the Adcom plugged in the wall, the monster in the Adcom and all else in the Monster. SWEET sounds!!! much better than Monster alone! The only flaw is the BASS sems a bit softer.... (the Amp [a Forte' 4] plugged in the Adcom too, leaves the bass more intact) But I live in an apartment and that is a small price to pay for such glorious sound. Smooth and totally grain free. Clarity! The only other complaint I have is the AC sockets in the back of the Monster are typical $0.29 bargin basement trash. AC plugs almost fall out if they are a bit heavy. I plan on replacing them! Anyone with any comments on my ? "Rube Goldberg" setup??
elizabeth

Showing 1 response by dekay

Elizabeth: I also live in an apartment and use the Monster HTS2000. I have a very dirty power source and the conditoning is the less of two evils. Whatever sounds best in your system is the way to go. If you end up tweaking the Monster, please let us know how it goes. I am lookong into another type of inexpensive line conditioner ($300.00 or less) at this time that is mentioned in "The best upgrade I ever made" thread. David