Monoblock suggestions to compare to SimAudio Moon Neo 400M?

When I read this forum, I am amazed at the recommendations you all give, because I feel like I've read so much here I should know most brands. Yet, nearly every time, someone makes a solid recommendation of something I've never heard or read about.  So, I've almost settled on the Moon by SimAudio Neo 400M monoblocks as my amps, but do you have suggestions of others to consider?  

PS Audio BHK Signature Preamp
PS Audio Direct Stream Memory Player
PS Audio Direct Stream DAC
Sutherland Phono Loco phono stage
Luxman PD-171A turntable with Jelco 850 arm and Hana ML cartridge 
Wilson Sabrina or Yvette (TBD)

Other amps I've considered:
Bryston 7B3
Bel Canto Design RF600M
Van Austin DAVE SET 600
Benchmark AHB2 (pair)

I've seem some of you dig in and really research your answers, and I want to say "thank you" for the time you often take.  
kcpellethead

Showing 1 response by dynguy

The 400m are outstanding, I’ve used them with various speakers over the years and they are outstanding with a small form factor for a mono that I really appreciate.

My only issue, and I was actually going to ask in a new thread but Will piggy back here if okay is they are 36dB gain. Is that considered high? I can’t seem to find the gain on many amps but Sim does publish it.

The reason I ask is as we move more into room correction even for stereo I have a very difficult time with Dirac and these amps. I can almost never get Dirac within target no matter how low I set the volume-within reason. Same with a simple SPL meter.
I’m wondering if the 36dB gain is the culprit?

This has been my only issue but perhaps not for others.

Edit: I did just go to Bryston site and theirs are switchable 23 or 29dB so it looks the Sim might be a bit up there at 36.