Monitor Audio question

I've had several MAs over the years, all in the Silver range. Now I have Silver 6 in a bedroom system. Main system has been mostly Maggies for years. I'm thinking of going to cones just for a change. I tried the 6s and they sound ok. So....here's the question: Has anyone had experience with both the Silver and Gold lines? There are no MA dealers here, so unless I run into a local sale, I will be buying blind.

I also wonder if moving to a higher model in the Silver line....maybe 8, or 10, or the newer 300/500 would make much difference.

If history is any indication, I will buy something and like it for a while before realizing I can't live without the Maggie soundstage.

So....anyone who's had or heard bot Silver and Gold?

secretguy

Have had  the Silver 8s for several years now.

They have very clear upper registers.

They have a good midrange.

They are a bit bass-heavy and need careful room placement.

They are a very good value.

They will not image or throw a soundstage like your Maggies.

They will play VERY loudly without strain.

They are easy to drive.

@tomcarr Yes I've heard folks say they can be bottom heavy. I would assume the 10s would be even more so. I will definitely play around with the 6s some more. 

I also have Goldenear Triton 1s that I use for HT. When I for got them years ago, I used them for 2 channel. I will probably slide them in the system for a listen too.

Thanks for the reply.