Monitor Audio Pl 300ii vs. KEF Reference 5

I own the KEF Reference 5s.  I borrowed the Monitor Audio Pl300 ii speakers for comparison, which is still under way.  Thoughts so far:  Both are good speakers.  The KEFs provide a lot of detail.  Listening to classical music, you can hear orchestral instruments and sections pretty clearly.  Background and counter melodies can be identified. Piano music is very realistic.  The MAs do not provide as much instrumental detail but they do have a more mellow, deeper, broader sound.  Which is better is really a matter of personal choice.  As I said, I’m still listening so these are some quick preliminary reactions.  More later.  
fast
Post removed 
Post removed 
fast, my only remaining question is how far away from the wall are your speakers? The front/center of mine are 75", and toed-in so they intersect at my listening position. This has served me well for 7-8 years, though some folks don't have the same placement options due to the WAF situation.

It sounds as though our rooms are set up in nearly identical fashion, except for speaker placement (distance)? from the wall.

Best of luck with your speaker choice/setup. By the way, my speakers, custom Tannoy 12" Dual Concentric ca 1975, though highly modified w/very heavy cabinets, and other mods as well.

Regards,
Dan
Dan,
My speakers are 26 inches from the rear wall and 32 inches from one side wall, 44 inches from the other (for waf and aesthetic reasons).  I may experiment with moving them equidistant from the side walls.  They are slightly toed in but I’m also experimenting with this.  Very frustrating trying to compare the Monitor Audios and KEFs since they each have strengths and weaknesses but hard to say which reproduces music better.  Still listening.  
I’m not familiar with the Tannoys but I do like British speakers.  My previous speakers were Proac Response 3.5, Proac Response 3, Celestion 700, Celestion 600.  
@ fast

"The MAs do not provide as much instrumental detail but they do have a more mellow, deeper, broader sound"
I have to say, you perfectly nailed my impression of the PL 300 II when I heard them in Houston.  It seemed like they had way too much bass relative to the amount of highs.  The bass seemed out of control, and it was not a small room.