Monarchy SE-100 MK2 vs used Plinius SA 100 MKiii

Hi All,
I am about to buy a gear for my dynaudio T2.5. I have budget to spend no more than $1600. Could you guys give me some suggestions between Monarchy SE 100 MK2 and used Plinius SA 100 MKiii? my music is female vocal and guitars. I am a newbee in here.
many thanks.
tahoeblue
I want to move from Monarchy Mk2 to Plinius SA-100 mkIII.
Is it worth it? Will I get dramatical sound improvement?
Can't speak for the Mk2 but I had original SE-100's and currently Plinius SA-100 mkIII. The Monarchy had nowhere near the bass and power with some speaker combinations but, apparently, that's been improved for the Mk2. Still, you're comparing 52lbs versus 75. The Monarchy also had a slight upper-mid/lower treble peak that I felt accentuated the soundstaging to the point of being a bit artificial. It can be a sweet amp with the right speakers. The Plinius, on the other hand, is laid back and understated, more than some prefer. It's not trying to impress despite it's capability.

Comparing new to used isn't fair. A new SA-103 is several times the price as the Monarchy's.
I use a pair of the se 100 deluxe one before the mk 2.GREAT AMPS.THEY DO RUN COOL FOR PURE CLASS A AMPS.EXCELENT VALUE FOR THE BUCK.YOU CAN NOT GO WRONG.
I can't speak for the Monarchy, but the Plinius is an excellent amp, provided you can tolerate the heat it puts off when run in Class A, and provided that the amp remains properly biased. If you have a decent tech near you who could check bias, then you're okay as long as the heat is not an issue.
Hello,
I recently acquired a refurb'd pair of SE 100 Delux amps directly from Mr Poon. I run a VTL 2.5 tube preamp, powering QUAD 22l2 speakers. The Monarchy amps replaced a Sonic Frontiers Power2. Highs are more extended, bass is more controlled, mids are very smooth, lots of detail. Sound does not seem quite as 3 dimensional, lush as before though. Overall very happy I made the move. Plus, I no longer have amplifer/furnace cooking me out of the room during summer months. Monarchy amps run fairly cool even though they are Class A, at least on my speakers. Strongly recommended escpecially considering I paid $980 plus SH.
Enjoy!!!!