Mogami Neglex 2534 microphone balanced ICs

Sent my Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 ICs in for re-termination RCA to XLR at the preamp side to make all XLR feeding my active speakers.  Dug out my stashed inexpensive Mogami ICs to tide me over.  Humm.  All XLR seems to have unexpected improvements.  Surprise!

Several respectable sources have claimed over the years that there should be little to no difference experienced with unbalanced vs balance.  In my situation my ears state quite differently.  Cannot wait for the return of my Wireworld.  Education seems endless in this hobby.

celtic66

Showing 2 responses by holmz

What does it mean in English?
Are the XLRs better than the silver RCAs? 

Unable to say at the moment if the Wireworld is better as they are with Wireworld being re-terminated to XLR. I expect they will better the Mogami ICs after re-termination. My point, a relatively inexpensive set of XLR interconnects sound very very good and I attribute that to the XLR connection as opposed to the unbalanced RCA connection of the Wireworld at the preamp end.

Mogami is excellent wire. And teh XLR ends are likely all similar, but I usually use Nuetrik.

I've had several conversations over the years with informed audiophiles that there is little to be concerned about balanced vs unbalanced. I find that premise now false.

Balanced versus RCA is likely to be more easily measurable and heard than a switch from Mogami to wireworld.
(But you’ll see and tell us.)

Thanks!