Mogami 3103 and Supra Ply3.4 speaker cables. Review.

Mogami 3103 and Supra ply 3.4 are very problematic cables. The Mogami sounds very dark, heavy, slow and atmospheric with rolled-off highs. Some have said that it sounds dull, and i can confirm that. If your system is extremely bright and extremely thin sounding, you might like it. When i put it in my system it sounded like i thrown blankets to the speakers. I really felt sick with this cable on. I didn't enjoy music with the Mogami cable. The Supra Ply 3.4 has many problems, too. The first big problem is the lead voacals which sound laid back, cloudy and very muddy. You will not hear a thing of what the lead singer sings with this cable. Backing vocals sound nice. The second serious probelm with this cable is its stereo image. It is not balanced and it draws the vocals to the left side. It's like the plane is leaning towards the left side. That is very annoying.  This cable sounds soft, cloudy and very dull. Hi Fi News described as Lethargic and they still gave it a top award. Their review is 100% accurate. Skip all the low budget cables, that's my advice. 
128x128noisebilly

Showing 1 response by rilbr

I don't know, but it sounds like something else is going on with your system. The higher end Supra Cables have received very good reviews. Some described their sound as being more open and less veiled, with very "tight bass".
Imaging with cable changes can be more focused or more diffuse. The imaging should not shift left to right because of a cable ( unless one is poorly terminated or damaged).
I have some 3.4S here which I bought for internal wiring of a speaker. I have not used it yet, but will do so soon on this project. I will get back with results. I also have Lessloss C-mark hook up wire, which has received very good customer feedback. I may end up using both; Supra for the mid-woofer and C-mark for the upper range.
Good luck!