ModWright SWL 9.0SE or TAD-150 signature?

Has anyone had a chance to compare these two pres. Your opinion would be greatly appreciated.
philefreak
I have not compared the Modwright SWL 9.0 SE to the TAD-150, but I have compared it with a Cary SLP-2002 (an excellent preamp), Musical Fidelity A-308 Integrated, Perreaux Randiance 200i (world class integrated), and Blue Circle BC21.1 with a Shalco attenuator. Of all the preamps and integrateds I have owned, the Modwright sounds the best in my system (given my other components).

Here is my system for reference:

- Modwright SWL 9.0 SE preamp
- Musical Fidelity A308CR amp
- Monitor Audio GR60 speakers
- Signal Cable Silver Resolution interconnects
- Jolida modified 100 CD player
- Ayre P-5X phono stage
- Origin Live Resolution turntable
- Shelter 901 cartridge

The Modwright does not suffer from roll off at either end of the frequency spectrum and does not over emphasize any particular range within the spectrum. It is very neutral with excellent dynamic drive. It presents many layers of musical detail where you can analyze any layer you want, but the musical presentation is extremely engaging, musical, and palpable when listened to as a whole. I am extremely pleased with the preamp. Each day it continues to open up and sound better. It does not have a house sound, so do not expect lousy recordings or source components to be smoothed over. But if you have good source components and/or recordings, prepare yourself for an evening of sonic bliss.
First post here.

I'd like to hear a comparison as well, unfortunately I seriously doubt anyone has compared these two pre's together. Both have garnered excellent reviews but I'd wager the Modwright is a smidgen more transparent... and it should be considering it's 3x the price of the TAD. I say this from looking at the internal build quality of both units. While the TAD is built to a very high standard, looking under the hood of the Modwright is damn impressive!

With that said, I'll be ordering the TAD soon simply because of the value it represents... build quality, excellent linestage, phono and remote. I've spoken to several people who have purchased the TAD-150 Signature, all of them extremely happy with the sonics of their new preamps, and some of them very experienced audiophiles.